Join Labor & Employment Attorney, Jeff Risch, as he identifies the latest guidance and emergency rules applying to Illinois employers and employees concerning state unemployment insurance benefits. This timely webinar will provide insight and summary of specific rules and standards in place dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Specifically, attendees will be provided clear direction on what employers should be communicating to both the worker and the Illinois unemployment office (the Illinois Department of Employment Security). Attorney Risch will remind employers on striking the correct balance of assisting those in need while protecting the employer’s bottom line at this critical time.
Topics for discussion will include:
1. Can an Employee Refuse Work Due to Fear of COVID-19 and Receive Unemployment Benefits?
2. Will the Employer’s IDES Account be Charged for UI Benefits Paid out due to COVID-19?
3. How does the Federal Government’s $600/weekly Benefit Apply to IL UI Benefits?
4. Should an Employer Protest UI Claims at this time?
5. What are Partial UI Benefits and How do they Apply to Employees Working Reduced Hours?
6. Can Furloughed Workers obtain UI Benefits?